The objective of Bullshit is to get rid of all your cards by successfully bluffing and getting other players to call “Bullshit” when you’re not actually lying.
- Bullshit is typically played with a standard deck of 52 playing cards.
- The game can be played with 3 or more players.
- The entire deck is shuffled and dealt clockwise to each player until all cards are distributed evenly.
- The player to the left of the dealer goes first, and play continues clockwise.
- The first player starts by placing one or more cards face-down in the center of the table, announcing the rank of the cards played (e.g., “Three Aces”).
- The rank announced must match the actual rank of the cards played. However, players are allowed to lie and play different cards than what they announced.
- The next player, going clockwise, must play cards of the next rank in ascending order (e.g., Four, Five, Six) or call “Bullshit” if they think the previous player lied about the cards played.
- If a player chooses to play cards, they must also announce the new rank being played (e.g., “Four Kings”).
- The following players continue playing cards of the announced rank in ascending order or calling “Bullshit.”
- If a player calls “Bullshit,” the cards played are revealed. If the player was telling the truth, the caller must pick up the entire pile of cards in the center. If the player was lying, they must pick up the pile.
- The player who picked up the pile starts the next round by playing any rank they choose.
- The game continues with players playing cards and announcing ranks until one player runs out of cards.
- The first player to get rid of all their cards is declared the winner.
- Bluffing and deception are key strategies in Bullshit. Use them wisely to trick your opponents.
- Pay close attention to the cards played and try to remember the ranks announced by other players.
- Timing is crucial. Sometimes it’s better to play low-ranking cards early in the game and save higher-ranking cards for later rounds.
- Observe the behavior and body language of other players to gauge if they’re bluffing or telling the truth.
- Trust your instincts when deciding whether to call “Bullshit” or not.
Bullshit is an exciting and fast-paced card game that relies on bluffing and deception. With this guide, you’re ready to start playing and enjoy the thrill of outsmarting your opponents in Bullshit!