Red or Black
The objective of Red or Black is to correctly guess whether the next card in the deck will be red or black. Incorrect guesses result in drinking penalties.
- Red or Black is typically played with a standard deck of 52 playing cards.
- The game can be played by two or more players.
- A designated dealer shuffles the deck and holds the cards.
- The dealer starts by drawing the top card from the deck and placing it face-up in the center.
- The first player, usually the player to the left of the dealer, must then guess whether the next card drawn from the deck will be red or black.
- The player announces their guess by saying “Red” or “Black” before the card is drawn.
- The dealer then draws the next card from the deck and reveals it to the players.
- If the player’s guess matches the color of the drawn card, they are safe and play moves to the next player.
- If the player’s guess is incorrect, they must drink a predetermined amount or take a designated drinking penalty.
- After the penalty is taken, the deck is reshuffled, and the next player becomes the new dealer.
- The game continues with each player taking turns guessing the color of the next card drawn.
- The dealer rotates clockwise after each round.
- Observe the cards that have been played to help make an educated guess.
- Consider the likelihood of drawing a red or black card based on the cards already revealed.
- Use probability to inform your decision-making, but remember that it ultimately comes down to luck.
- Establish clear drinking penalties and rules before the game starts to ensure everyone is on the same page.
Red or Black is a simple and engaging drinking card game that relies on luck and guessing. With this guide, you’re ready to start playing and enjoy the suspenseful nature of Red or Black! Remember to drink responsibly and have fun. Cheers!